Catastrophe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catastrophe

Community forum for the Flag Catastrophe on the Hunter Ocean of YPP Puzzle Pirates

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gunning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sicarius
Admin
Sicarius

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 6:23 am

Post your gunning tips here.
Back to top Go down
http://catasrophe.darkbb.com
Aedia
Anonymous

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Gunning 101   Gunning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 9:19 am

Gunning is really rather easy as well once you know what you're doing.

If you are trying to get your guns up, the best place to practice is the navy. Find a board that you can loop your pieces around 2 cannons with 1 or 2 arrows (As Shown Below), fill those 2 guns, abandon duty and do it again. Do NOT place an arrow on the board if you aren't sure you can loop around at least 2 guns.

Gunning Navyloadom7

If you are on a pillage, and asked to gun, you should do the following.

1. Make sure your bnavver allows you to find a board.
2. Stay on that board for no more than 2 leagues, as you will lose it by the 3rd league.

The board below shows a good 1 arrow board. This means it only takes one arrow to loop around all 4 cannons.

3. Hit esc once you've found this board. You'll want to hit esc twice once in battle. This allows that your board doesn't freeze and that your barrel doesn't move. ( when the ship moves, unlike the navy, the barrel will roll from side to side *as shown below*). Hitting esc stops the barrel from rolling.

Gunning Pillyloadpv9
Back to top Go down
Askitz
Admin
Askitz

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Now this is a gun board! What a Face

Gunning Perrrfect
Back to top Go down
crabcake
Anonymous

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 8:04 pm

My question about gunning is how does abandoning your station affect your score? In all the other puzzles this hurts you. Also if all the guns are full and you are not in battle does sitting on that board hurt your score?

What specifically should you not do? I play all puzzles with keyboard only and I understand this is primarialy mouse puzzle. AKA I have always sucked at gunning and am looking to change that.
Back to top Go down
capucinu
Anonymous

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Abandoning doesn't hurt you as long as you dont put an arrow down. If the guns are empty, then you have to abandon quickly or it will hurt. If you hop on a board and fill one or two guns and abandon with two empty ones that doesnt hurt your score either. Sitting on a board with loaded guns doesn't hurt your score as long as there are no empty ones on other boards (N/A on sloops).

As for what you shouldn't do... well that's far too much for my miniscule brain to handle at this time in the morning, I'll let someone else help you there drunken
Back to top Go down
crabcake
Anonymous

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 am

Ok with that in mind I am going to go gun with the navy.
Thanks Capu!
Back to top Go down
LinaInverse

LinaInverse

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:18 pm

capucinus wrote:
Abandoning doesn't hurt you as long as you dont put an arrow down. If the guns are empty, then you have to abandon quickly or it will hurt. If you hop on a board and fill one or two guns and abandon with two empty ones that doesnt hurt your score either. Sitting on a board with loaded guns doesn't hurt your score as long as there are no empty ones on other boards (N/A on sloops).

As for what you shouldn't do... well that's far too much for my miniscule brain to handle at this time in the morning, I'll let someone else help you there drunken

You can load 1 or 2 guns without it hurting your rating too much, but I don't find it helps raise it much either unless you're piece rotation is very fast (i.e. ult gun speed). If you load just 1 gun and your pieces aren't too fast, you will probably get excellent at best if you dump the board after that because you don't really give the pieces time to speed up, which usually happens after you load the 1st or 2nd cannon for people who aren't high ults. If I look at the board and I can't load 2 or more of the cannons easily, I usually don't even bother with the board, dump it, and find a new one.

As for what you should not do, here are some things I try to avoid:

1. Throwing too many pieces overboard - I find that if too many pieces are thrown over, it slows down the overall speed of the piece rotation. I'm not sure if it directly lowers your score, but slower rotation makes you load the guns slower. I usually never dump pieces overboard unless its an accident. If you find that some of the pieces are stuck together, just place an arrow in the path against the rotation and you can solve that problem easily without having to throw something overboard.

2. Don't forget to look!! - When you're gunning with the navy, don't forget to look at your location every once in a while. If you pick up a board and start loading your first gun then the ship hits port, boy does that hurt your score/rating a lot! I usually try to avoid loading any guns when the ship is 1/2 a league or less to port, depending on how fast the ship is going. I've went down a whole rank due to this sort of mishap lol.

Hmm...can't really think of any more right now but I'm sure I will in a little bit Razz

Also, for any Ults out there who are looking to get that nice #1 trophy, I can also post some of my personal tips to achieving that if anyone is interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gunning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning   Gunning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Catastrophe :: Puzzles!-
Jump to: