Catastrophe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catastrophe

Community forum for the Flag Catastrophe on the Hunter Ocean of YPP Puzzle Pirates

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumble

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Swordmaster

Swordmaster

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-12-07

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2006 3:40 am

I really need some tips for rumble. I'm hopeless at it Crying or Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Peache

Peache

Number of posts : 20

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2006 12:39 am

I use ropes because not only are they cheap, but they have a nice drop pattern. If you want to build up to send a good attack, pick a group on one side of the puzzle and charge your balls and build on it. I sometimes make a charged group of 4 to 6 balls and then put any other colour on them so that it comes down in a row off that group,kinda like a T shape. When I send finally break that charged group, all the other coloured balls that I have "hanging" off it will become bruises to the other player.

I'm certainly not in the ultimate class, but it has gotten me to gm - leg.
Back to top Go down
Sicarius
Admin
Sicarius

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Here's a good run down on each of the bludgeons.   Rumble Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2006 3:47 am

***The Gaff***
The Gaff is one of the lowest-level Bludgeons in the game, and is worse than Rope Coils in several aspects, however it is an above-average Sprinkle weapon. It lasts 3 times as long as Rope Coils, so if you want something better than fists and you don't care HOW better, Gaff is the one. Hook-injuries are equivelant to Gaffs in Attack Pattern.

***The Rope Coils***
Rope Coils are THE most balanced Bludgeon in Puzzle Pirates. They're par at sprinkles and par at Strikes, but nothing special. They are very cheap and degrade in only 30 login days, but better than Gaffs in many instances, let alone bare fists. Many Rumble experts adore these things.

***The Belaying Pin***
This is an imbalanced weapon to a high degree. If you're Striking, you should do almost all your striking from one fist, which depends on if your weapon is reversed or no. If you strike from the other fist, your attacks are easy to clear, unless you follow up with an opposite-handed Strike.
If you drop balls in the Strikes, adding bruises, your attacks are most often a lot worse for the opponent in the case of a Belaying Pin...

***The Brass Knuckles***
The Brass Knuckles are tricky. When you strike, one of the groups you send is massive, while the others are tiny and mangled. Your foe will usually counterattack you with a large Sprinkle when you Strike them, leaving their field shaped like a horseshoe. Do this 2 or 3 times, then your foe will have a massively difficult time dealing with your Sprinkles. A good strategy with Knuckles is to try to Sprinkle a layer on the foe and follow up immediately with a Strike, but the timing to get that right is difficult.

***The Leather Gloves***
These guys are very balanced in many circumstances. If you like to Strike AND Sprinkle a lot, this Bludgeon is juuuuuust right. Alternate between the two kinds of attacks and cause some serious havoc. Leather Gloves are also a good disruption weapon... The Strike Pattern leaves column-shaped groups on your foe's screen. If that foe were to try charging those groups while you Strike again, the groups bruise up. So don't be afraid to make small Strikes as well as big ones.

***The Chain***
This Bludgeon excels in FORCING your opponent to Sprinkle. When you make a good-sized strike, your foe can drop half his board with a few attacks. This will give you 3 or 4 layers of sprinkles at once, starting a Sprinklefest. Foes who can't Turbo-Sprinkle will be weeded out. This Bludgeon is strong against Blackjacks and weak against Gauntlets.

***The Blackjack***
If you can keep a consistant stream of 3-4 row Strikes without stopping, you will almost NEVER lose with a Blackjack. But if your strike is even one or two rows too big at ANY one Strike instance, you've sealed your fate. Many experts use the Blackjack, and this weapon is known to be one of the absolute hardest to fight against in the hands of a veteran.

***The Cane***
The Cane isn't easy to use... It's a little tougher to clear Cane strikes in fell swoops, but the main rule here is that you'll want to be specializing in either Strikes or Sprinkles, not often both. It is an underused, hard-to-master, non-Novice Bludgeon, and not much is known about it. A lot of
people buy Canes 'cause it looks cool, not so much for its excellence (or lack of it) in Rumble. Take ME for example. =D

***The Skull Rings***
A very balanced Strike weapon, whether your attacks are huge or small. Strike often, but not exclusively, try to drop balls with your Strikes (to add extra Bruising), and you can't go wrong with Skull Rings, whether your Strikes are huge, small, or in-between. Be careful as they are only good in the hands of at least a decently experienced Rumbler-- you wouldn't wanna buy these unless you've had experience with, say, Rope Coils first...

***The Hammer***
INSTA CITY!! Only use a Hammer if you specialize in MASSIVE Strikes, as in 20-or-so Charge Combo attacks. The Hammer is a mighty Insta weapon for it's high Bruise count. On the other hand, sometimes its attacks are very easy to clear. They say the Hammer is the Bludgeon-equivelant of a Cleaver sword-- the perfect Brawl Support Bludgeon.

***The Gauntlets***
Sprinkle City. Don't make ANY Strikes. Just clear your board as fast as you possibly can and drown your foe out with hard-to-clear, multi-layer Sprinkles. If you make a Strike, your foe will devour you before you can say Robin Williams, due to the Gauntlets' huge groups in the Strike Pattern. The Gauntlets are the most defensive weapon of all, since you'll be clearing the board faster than your foe no matter what, keeping you from dying for a good long while.

Not sure who to credit for this, but Capu got a link to this info from a ship stall.
Back to top Go down
http://catasrophe.darkbb.com
Swordmaster

Swordmaster

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2006 6:01 am

Thanks for that Sica and Peache.
Back to top Go down
Swordmaster

Swordmaster

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 2:42 am

What about the skeleton bone? I got one for Christmas (many thanks) and I'd like to know how best to use it.scratch
Back to top Go down
crabcake
Anonymous

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2007 8:58 am

I have never seen the bone used before that is pretty cool. How would you rate fish as a weapon?
Back to top Go down
Swordmaster

Swordmaster

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Many people regard the fish as en par with hands - sometimes, more experienced rumblers opt for the hands over the fish. However, I find that any bludgeon is better than the hands but the bad thing about fish is that they dust in about 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble   Rumble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Catastrophe :: Puzzles!-
Jump to: